Shiatsu can help you with many problems:
– feelings of fatigue and lack of energy
– pain in the spine, joints, muscles, tendons …
– digestive, breathing, blood pressure problems,
– painful menstruation, irregular cycle,
– ordinary colds, blocked sinuses …
– muscle tension in athletes and dancers
– relaxation and psychological relief in stress
and many others….
Shiatsu is an excellent support tool:
– ensures smooth energy circulation
– stimulates self-healing processes in the body
– works preventively against disease formation or the exacerbation of the current condition
– supports during emotional stress
– good psychological and physical support during pregnancy
– helps as psychological and physical support after demanding treatments
– encourages life style change and responsibility for one’s own health
– facilitates understanding of harmonious nutrition issues
and many others …
Who Is Shiatsu For
Shiatsu is for anyone who wants to deal with their disharmony in a natural and pleasant way. For a person to remain healthy, they should be able to constantly adapt to changes in life – to harmonise. Shiatsu offers a helping hand on this journey. One does not need to be sick for shiatsu to have great effects.
Research proves that regular shiatsu treatments ar an excellent way to maintain health, they play significantly part in prevention. Regular shiatsu therapy keeps the body’s Ki energy in smooth movement without blockages or stagnations. Thus, we can stop certain diseases right at the onset instead of dealing with their advanced stages
What does shiatsu treatment look like
The treatment is preceded by an interview for the therapist to get acquainted with the problems and needs of the patient, to diagnose him and to choose the right techniques and treatment processes.
Shiatsu is performed in pleasant, peaceful environment, on a mat on the floor. However, shiatsu can also be performed sitting on a chair. Loose clothing ensures the receiver’s intimacy while, on the other hand, not preventing the therapist from “touching” the body’s energy. If the patient as well as the therapist want to achieve the right effect of shiatsu, it is advisable not to eat at least two hours before the treatment. At least not to eat anything heavy.
Shiatsu belongs among massage techniques but given its ability to work with the body’s energy, it influences its energy and thus stimulates the correct functioning of internal organs. Therefore, I prefer to call shiatsu sessions treatment or therapy. It is about gentle manipulations with individual body parts, stretching and rotations, kneading, vibrations, shaking… that “wake” the energy up, open the meridians, improve energy flow in the body. Then, individual meridian points are worked with, which impact the problem directly and can solve it. After shiatsu, the patient can keep relaxing as long as he likes. Freshly prepared bancha tea may help him to come back and step into everyday life with this new experience.
If appropriate, I complement shiatsu with moxibustion, acupuncture, ear punture and cupping.